Job location: Meridian --Option to work Remote, ID
Leads the Quality Control Department with a focus on ensuring the QC Department’s activities are in compliance with agency, investor and company requirements for monitoring and reporting the Company’s overall loan quality in origination and servicing. Communicates with compliance and business unit managers on areas of concern and provides suggestions/recommendations for improvement. Collaborates with compliance and business unit managers on new initiatives, processes, products, and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Quality Control Manager works closely with the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Assists Chief Compliance Officer in maintaining the Quality Control (QC) plan.
- Responsible for overall QC functions with respect to origination channels for pre-funding and post funding reviews, as well as servicing file reviews.
- Manage internal QC staff
- Manage third party QC vendor relationship(s) and conduct required vendor file reviews.
- Participate in periodic calls with operations regarding changes/updates to program requirements.
- Work with QC Vendor to ensure their reviews are accurate in accordance with current investor and agency guidelines/overlays as well as company policy.
- Research and inform QC staff of new or updated investor or agency guidelines/overlays well as company policy in a timely manner.
- Determine if internal/external parties involved in all aspect of the loan have successfully met the guidelines and responsibility for particular loan programs.
- Oversee the monthly loan file selections for QC in accordance with current investor and agency guidelines/overlays as well as company policy.
- Work with other business unit managers in responses and action plans for QC exceptions.
- Prepare and distribute monthly senior management reports.
- Prepare QC reports of production and servicing for board meetings.
- Work with QC auditors and the business unit managers to resolve exceptions, questions, and concerns about underwriting, documentation, and data integrity errors.
- Perform required discretionary/targeted reviews to verify areas with issues are corrected or to identify areas with problems and correct them; maintain records, responses, results of all audits.
- Lead investigations when misrepresentation is detected, following through with resolution ensuring senior management is informed in a timely manner and throughout the investigation.
- Manage self-reporting of material defects to the appropriate agencies.
- Work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer/AML officer in SAR reviews/reporting.
- Manage secondary investor/agency audit requests.
- Assist in reviewing repurchase/indemnification requests
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some College preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in Quality Control
- 7+ years’ experience in Underwriting (FHA DE, VA SARS preferred)
- Experience with Servicing QC reviews preferred
- Experience managing remote staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills as exemplified by the ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with peers, employees, and vendors
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Punctual, proactive, and able to take initiative; motivated self-starter.