Job location: Meridian (Ada), ID
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Works with commission based system in conjunction with payroll system for accuracy
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepare and/or update employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting and terminating
- Explaining HR policies, procedures, laws and standards to new and existing employees
- Assist with benefit administation
- Assists with employee relations issues
- Processing personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some College preferred
- Two years of experience in payroll processing including multi-state payroll
- One year of human resource experience
- Knowledge of federal and state payroll and employment law including but not limited to FMLA, CFRA, ADA, ACA, EEO, OSHA, FLSA, HIPPA, ERISA etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as exemplified by the ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with peers, employees, and vendors and to diplomatically resolve payroll and benefits questions
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and Time and Attendance including system implementation, system optimization, and reporting preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Punctual, proactive, and able to take initiative; motivated self-starter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $22.00 per hour