Job location: Meridian, ID
The Licensing Manager will support the growth of Premier Mortgage Resources, LLC by working with the business as well as state and federal regulatory agencies to ensure all licensing approvals (company, branch, and/or individual employee) are obtained and maintained. This position serves as the in-house expert in all areas of mortgage licensing.
This position can be fully remote
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research requirements as well as acquire and/or maintain appropriate state, city, and agency licenses for all areas of the mortgage business, including servicing.
- Acquire and maintain all applicable registrations that authorizes the company to do business in each state, coordinating these efforts with Accounting relative to the various state revenue agencies.
- Acquire and maintain all approved dbas with appropriate county and state agencies.
- Acquire and maintain state mortgage licenses for branch locations as well as designation of branch managers.
- Work with HR and facilitate the process to acquire state mortgage licenses for newly hired MLO’s, including Temporary Authority. Coordinate with state regulators and MLOs to provide all necessary information and assist MLOs in resolving outstanding issues.
- Review and identify licensing prerequisites on a state by state basis.
- Facilitate application submission via the Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System (NMLS) including requesting supporting documentation.
- When necessary, coordinate with third party vendors, which may include legal counsel, regarding any outsourced licensing related projects.
- Ensure the company’s and MLO’s records in NMLS remains current and accurate.
- Build relationships and follow up with state license regulators to ensure all outstanding licensing issues are cleared.
- Facilitate the company license renewal process and monitoring loan officer continuing education obligations and renewals.
- Build relationships and assist with MLO license renewals and Continuing Education.
- Assist IT and Marketing as well as other company staff to ensure MLO state license information is accurate and up to date in all applicable systems.
- Gather, analyze, prepare, and file all relevant state and federal regulatory reports as required, including but not limited to MBFR, NMLS Mortgage Call Report, as well as annual or other periodic state-specific reports.
- Assist the Chief Compliance Officer and Compliance Manager in gathering documentation requested for state and federal examinations.
- As needed, hire and manage any new licensing staff.
- Perform additional assigned duties as needed.
- 5+ years recent experience in mortgage origination industry as reporting or licensing manager or similar role.
- Expertise with mortgage origination reporting (call reports, state-specific reporting), licensing renewal process, and updating licensing information in NMLS and loan origination system. HMDA experience a plus!
- Familiarity with state business renewals, registration, reporting process (Secretary of State, Department of Revenue).
- High level of attention to detail and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be a self-starter with professional communication skills, both written and verbal, excellent time and project management skills and the ability to plan and prioritize work and balance multiple projects as well as manage staff.
- Proven ability to take ownership of assignments and follow-through to completion.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word), one or more loan origination platforms, NMLS and Adobe Acrobat (PDF files).