Job location: Meridian, ID
- Facilitate process to acquire state mortgage licenses for newly hired MLO’s. Coordinate with state regulators to provide all necessary information and resolve outstanding issues.
- Acquire and maintain state mortgage licenses for branch locations as well as designation of branch managers.
- Review and identify licensing prerequisites on a state by state basis.
- Facilitate application submission via the Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System (NMLS) including requesting supporting documentation.
- Ensure MLOs maintain current and accurate records.
- Overseeing the company licenses and monitoring loan officer continuing education obligations and renewals in coordination with outside licensing counsel. Assist with MLO license renewals and Continuing Education.
- Creating, analyzing and filing all relevant mortgage origination activity and state and federal regulatory reporting as required, including but not limited to HMDA, mortgage call reports, and periodic state-specific reports.
- Handling various state renewals, registrations and reporting required for continued authority to do business in most states (Secretary of State, Department of Revenue) in coordination with legal and accounting departments and outside counsel.
- Perform additional assigned duties as needed.
- 5+ years recent experience in mortgage origination industry as reporting or licensing manager or similar role.
- Expertise with mortgage origination reporting (call reports, HMDA, state-specific reporting), licensing renewal process, and updating licensing information in NMLS and loan origination system.
- Familiarity with state business renewals, registration, reporting process (Secretary of State, Department of Revenue).
- High level of attention to detail and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be a self-starter with professional communication skills, both written and verbal, excellent time and project management skills and the ability to plan and prioritize work and balance multiple projects.
- Proven ability to take ownership of assignments and follow-through to completion.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word), one or more loan origination platforms, NMLS and Adobe Acrobat (PDF files).